Explore ShillongHemanshu Thakker
Capital City of Meghalaya (North East India)
Shillong is the only hill station in the country that is accessible from all sides. The name Shillong comes from U-Shyllong, a powerful deity and is situated at an altitude of 1,491m above sea level. This beautiful city is 103kms away from Guwahati, being the nearest air and train link.
It is 56 kms away from Shillong, situated in one of the rainiest rain-belt in the world, 1,300 m above sea level. A pleasant drive to see tremendous water falls leaping into deep gorges, including the famed Nohsngithiang falls is a must. This glamorous town is famous for its limestone caves and orange honey. The Centre of Khasi culture and literature, it also has the ancient Presbyterian Church and also an establishment of the Ramkrishna Mission.
- State :- Meghalaya
- Best Time to Visit :- October to March
- Climate :- The climate in Shillong is very pleasant and Pollution Free. In Summers, the temperature is around 23ºC. In Winters, the Temperature is around 4ºC.
- Nearest Airport :- Guwahati
- Nearest Railway Station :- Guwahati
- Road Transport :- Luxary and Standard Bus Services are available. Also, there is a Bus Service of Meghalaya Road Transport.
Enjoy Stay at Royal Heritage Tripura Castle